Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Journal 0

Now, on another note, I do have another reason for creating this blog. In the past two months that I've worked with the school I've noticed a few...odd...things about a few students. The teachers seem not to notice them which I find strange since these occurrences are rather obvious about the children. Not all of the kids have these issues, only one or two from each classroom but the way that the teachers seem to just sort of...pass over the problems is concerning. There are five children in particular that are...off.

Nathan: Seems to be perpetually sick. He coughs constantly and often falls asleep if he sits still for too long and it's always difficult to wake him up.

Peyton: Has sudden fits where he will begin to scream and cry for no reason. I heard his mother speaking with his teacher and apparently he has them at home as well.

Ric: He often has violent nightmares and will cry in his sleep before waking up during nap time.

Harmony: She has seizures, sometimes as many as five during the course of the day. The cause is completely unknown.

Tristan: She often hallucinates and sometimes refuses to go outside for recess.

They also seem to have the exact same imaginary friend who they call Mr. Talman. This is a character that they couldn't have made up together since none of them are in the same class and they tend to avoid one another when out on the playground during recess. I guess it could be a coincidence but considering just how active a child's imagination can be I find it highly unlikely.

I'm concerned that there might be a child predator in the area. I'd go to the police but I really don't have enough evidence and I'm afraid that I'd get blown off. For now, I'm going to use this blog as a sort of online journal for what I find.

4 comments:

  1. Have you considered asking the kids about the spelling of the name of their friend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How would that help? First of all, the children I'm working with are all four and five years old and two of them are still struggling to recognize basic letters and sounds. Spelling is far beyond them.
      Second, it was difficult enough getting an actual name from them. It took me about two weeks to manage to get one of them to tell me and even then I had to wait until Nathan was half-asleep and not really aware of his words in order to get him to say it.

      Delete
    2. Ah, I apologize. When you said multiple classes I assumed you meant multiple classes. The spelling isn’t all that important, my brain (which is typically over-active in imagination and whatnot) just likes to know little random pieces of information of the such.

      Delete
    3. Also, just for clarification, I forget things rather easily so I have read the description at the bottom of the home-page of the blog and somehow either forgot it completely or my mind didn’t acknowledge it.

      Delete